Other Ways to Volunteer
Goal: Raise $3,500 needed to provide temporary rental assistance to one single mother on her way from homelessness to housing, a job and a stable life for her children.
1) Host a “free” event
- (concert, car wash, etc)
- Suggest minimum donation $35/person
2) Designate a special offering
- (Christmas Eve, Mother’s Day, Lent)
- Collect loose change, bills, designated checks at services on one day
- Use cardboard houses to collect funds during May or Lent
- Promote in the church newsletter and via a Mission Moment in the service
3) Raise $35/each from 100 people or $100/each from 35 people
- Use large poster to show progress
- Encourage families (especially adults) to replace Christmas or birthday gifts with donations to Bridge of Hope
4) Sleep Out (so others can Sleep In)
- Hold one night sleep out event
- Ask 35+ youth and adults to raise $100 each in sponsorships
5) Hold a Youth Service Auction and Pie Night
- Give one free piece of pie to all; auction off whole homemade pies
- Invite adults to bid on babysitting, yard work, car detailing, painting, etc.
- Showcase youth talents – sinking, skits, etc.
- Plan/host a party or special event with your women’s group, small group, or mission/outreach team.
- Use your own fun ideas – tea, craft show, yard sale, road rally, motorcycle event or try a fine art show featuring youth photos and artwork
- Recruit event sponsors; ask attendees for minimum donations of $35+
7) Run, walk, roll, stroll, or bike
- Ask a church member to set a goal and invite others to sponsor him/her
- Use letters, emails and an online challenge to invite church members to give
There are many other ways to support the work of Bridge of Hope Berks County. You can become involved by making a long-term commitment, or just a few hours on a one-time basis. The choice is yours!
A. Annual Fundraiser – Bridge Builders Brunch in November
- Planning Committee – Selecting speaker; obtaining auction or raffle items; preparing invitations/save-the-date postcards; decorations
- On the day of the Event – Greeting attendees; assisting with registration; collecting money; selling raffle tickets; assisting with general set-up and clean up.
- For more on the Annual Brunch, please click “Attend a Fundraiser” under the “Mentor and Give” tab.
- Making presentations to churches, businesses, foundations or individuals.
- Host an informational gathering in your home.
- Help design/implement a strategy for reaching supporters through social media such as Facebook.
C. Office Assistance
- We are looking for someone who could come in on a weekly basis to help with a variety of tasks in the office. Day of week and hours are flexible. Duties would include making copies, answering phones/taking messages, typing up handouts, helping with mailing of Annual Appeal, collating presentation and neighboring volunteer training folders, typing up thank you letters, organizing clearances for volunteers, checking Facebook and website, database input.
D. Assistance for families
- Tutoring of either clients or their children.
- For Bridge of Hope Nights (3rd Tuesday approximately 4 to 6 months of the year) 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- Neighbor Training (as needed)
F. Presenters for Bridge of Hope Nights
- Share your expertise and talent on a variety of topics
G. Meals for Bridge of Hope Nights (as needed)
- Sep 18, 2017 — Fashion Show Fundraiser!…Read More
- May 15, 2017 — Bridge of Hope Berks County becomes Thrivent Choice Organization…Read More
- May 15, 2017 — Fulton Bank awards grant!…Read More
- May 15, 2017 — Santander Bank Foundation awards CRA grant…Read More
- May 11, 2017 — Collegiate Church Corporation awards grant!…Read More
- Mar 07, 2017 — Thank you to all of our 2016 Bridge Builder’s Brunch Sponsors and Auction Donors…Read More
- May 18, 2016 — Bridge of Hope Berks County on YouTube…Read More