Mentoring to End Family Homelessness
What is a mentoring group?
- Eight to 12 people from within one congregation
- Both men and women
- Young and old, married and single
- Willing to establish an on-going “ministry of friendship” with a homeless single mother and her children
- Committed to the mentoring group for 12 to 24 months while the single mother is involved in the Bridge of Hope program and working toward financial stability
Can I do it?
- If you can be a friend, you can be part of a mentoring group!
How much time is involved?
- A weekly phone call (or even every other week) to the woman you are mentoring.
- A one-on-one activity every four to six weeks with the family you are mentoring. This might be inviting them over to watch a movie, going grocery shopping together, or other things that you would do with a friend.
- Attend monthly “Bridge of Hope Nights” with the woman you are mentoring and your whole mentoring group. These are held on a designated night each month. These evenings strengthen the mentoring relationships and provide ongoing training and support for mentors.
How will I be supported?
- Four and one-half hours of training prior to meeting the family you will mentor.
- The social worker will facilitate a “match night” to introduce the mentoring group and the family the group will mentor.
- Ongoing support and training throughout the 12 to 24 months.
- May 26, 2017 — Save the Date for a Fashion Show Fundraiser!…Read More
- May 15, 2017 — Bridge of Hope Berks County becomes Thrivent Choice Organization…Read More
- May 15, 2017 — Fulton Bank awards grant!…Read More
- May 15, 2017 — Santander Bank Foundation awards CRA grant…Read More
- May 11, 2017 — Collegiate Church Corporation awards grant!…Read More
- Mar 07, 2017 — Thank you to all of our 2016 Bridge Builder’s Brunch Sponsors and Auction Donors…Read More
- May 18, 2016 — Bridge of Hope Berks County on YouTube…Read More